Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Road I Took

Hello my dear friends, my readers! Those who have been in touch reading my thoughts, may wonder why the sudden virtual silence on this blog since June 5 which was my last post. Well, I am on the road again! My husbands just been posted out of the 'Field Area' to a 'Peace Area' , so I spent the last fifteen days packing the whole house and travelling, and I still have not reached my destination! Hmmm I dont think anyone has, philsophically speaking? Well the movement which we are still in the process of doing did remind me of the very famous poem by Robert Frost- The Not Taken -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Not_Taken_(poem), kindly have a look at this beautiful poem, if you have never read it before.

The poem inspired me at times of a lot of stress, during the whole packing process, as at that time I would say to myself ' why did I have to find a guy in the army, why does it have to be so hot, why dont people work efficiently, why do we have to move, why this/that  happened to me etc'Yep, I cribbed!And then just suddeny I read the poem in a book that I was putting inside a trunk and I then started writing a sort of an answer to what Frost wrote. So here goes, I written a part of it in capital letter as a call to all my friends who are a part of my life, its not as great as Robert Frost's poem,but do give it a chance!
Its a long poem so take a hot black coffee and enjoy!

The Road I Took
I took the road unknown and untaken,
Where it leads to I know not,
Where it will go to I know not,        
The end still not in sight,
But my feet are now weathered,
The feet bruised walking over thorns and sharp and sudden stones,
My feet are now hardened,
Now so strong,
No pain is felt,
No thorns now cut,
No stones now poke,
I walk on,
On all the twisted ways and bends to undisclosed days,
I walk,
To a destiny like a maze, I have to find the way out,
Where am I going? I know not.
But , I hope,
Thus I go on this path of life,
A hard and laborious one, I know,
With hope that I will reach my destination,
To where I belong to, to where I will be content?

So, COME  ALONG I
COME!  JOIN ALONG THIS EXPEDITION WITH ME!
COME! WITH YOUR FEET AND MINE, LET’S WALK!
LET OUR PATHS CRISS CROSS AND CUT ACROSS,
THEN I GO MY WAY YOU GO YOURS,
BUT,
Lets enjoy the hard passages together ,
And get through the difficult ways,
 and part,
Like rolling stones we go a long way,
And then on our own destination,
Till the journey ends,

If so,
I will then turn around and look back,
At my start and I will probably laugh,
And I will understand then, that,
All life’s voyages,
Have the same start and the same end,
HA! HA! The journey is timeless, and I will pass the baton on…..
The journey goes on….


I have submitted this poem to the website http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/

10 comments :

  1. good luck in the new place! and nice response to the actual poem. :) hope you settle down soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck my friend
    with thy new road
    lose not old friends
    who keep waiting thine call
    great poem
    not able to contact u...call soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. New places, new faces,
    path unseen. Well,
    This is where I now dwell,
    A new journey begins,
    with new hopes and positive signs.
    Good luck Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mehak, am glad you think it is a good response to Frost, I wish one day I could only write like him?

    Raindrops! Havent forgotten you dear, new place means new mobile nr and net connection! But will get in touch soon!

    Hey Sush! Great words- short and sweet! And happy clicking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the road goes on forever, and the party never ends. It's all about are attitude as we travel. Enjoyed the poem and the lead in story. Journey onward, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep going, even it means you must go detour or meet a dead end,

    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poem. The traveller's spirit runs deep and is content when it feels the wind taking it to new places, only to realize there is one home.

    Please check out our blog Kisima: http://kisimamag.com/
    The first theme is coffee and you can share poems or articles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marbles in My Pocket- Yes attitude is everything=Positive that is! Loved your poem, Thnk you for the visit!

    Jingle- Thank you for all your encouragement!Read your poem in the Potluck-just great!

    Kisima- You have a nice new site. I have been to Africa myself, and I think its a wonderful place. I will visit your site surely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ashwini :)Will be visiting your site more too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed reading this in context with the introduction you have given... and it made it all the more beautiful and enjoyable...
    I have loved Frost's that particular poetry... and yours is lovely too...

    Thanks for joining in the Poetry Potluck WK 43 which I am hosting for the first time… hope you have liked it too…. and wish to see you again…
    Shashi
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/07/whispers-cuckoos-song-and-smell-of-love.html
    At Twitter @VerseEveryDay

    ReplyDelete